Why Content Marketing is best marketing strategy of digital marketing
Content marketing is related to the creation and best distribution of important information to customers and Audiences. In a layman language it is concerned with the creation of different informational materials and distributing them online through different networks. Content marketing helps to give clear and detailed information about the product and services. If we talk about digital marketing it is all about connecting with your relevant audience through digital platform on the internet. so content marketing is the key to success in digital marketing lets discuss the benefits of content marketing.
Major benefits of content marketing
Brand building and Awareness- content marketing is a brand builder. It is cost effective way of connecting with the audience to increase the awareness about the brand and increase the loyalty of the customers with the desired content. It also makes that brand popular by enhancing its visibility among the correct audience.
Boost website traffic- valuable and informative content will definitely raise the website traffic by attracting more customers to the site. One must be proficient in writing valuable content.
Boost sales ? More information about the product increase more visibility of the product and clear the offers of the website thus attract more sales automatically.
Boost SEO performance-Quality content marketing hells boost the SEO results and help your page to become rank on the first page. It will help in generating good traffic and conversions and leads to the brand so it will provide an organic and long term results for the brand.
What makes the content effective?
Effective content always follows the SEO Guidelines it should be easy and readable to all kind of users. It should be easy to understand. It will target the right kind of audience and educates them about the product or service completely.
It serves the right goal of the content like if you are building a brand it should create awareness about the brand and set a goal prior making content that what you want to achieve through that goal. The content should be entertaining otherwise the audience got distracted soon so special content where you are having information as well as entertainment are preferred by audiences.
Content marketing Process
Content marketing is easy process. Anybody can create content but there are specific procedure you have to follow to do effective content marketing.
1. Correct Audience -First you should know your correct audience. Means audience are reading long scripts or watching videos which type of content they like. Create the specific content for specific audience.
2. Selection of topics – you have to create a list of topics you will cover for that specific audience like if you are writing about a brand you first know what are the specific areas you can cover for that brand you can pick topics according to the questions raised by the buyers for that brand. You have to create interesting contents about the benefits of the products and create brand awareness among the people.
3. Publish – Publish process is to create a useful content and publish it with a set of assets. Common asset types are articles, blog posts, online events, videos, documents, and podcasts.
4. Distribute – once content is published it should be distributed. You can use multiple distribution tactics on a single published content asset like SEO, Paid search, social sharing, word of mouth and advertising and email marketing.
5. Analyse – you have to analyse how content is performing in terms of traffic, engagement and conversion. You can check by search engine referrals, social activity and lead conversion rates.
Common Content marketing mistakes
1. Most common content marketing mistake is when it comes to creating content. Quality content needs time and research. But most people are creating repurpose a blog post in to something more visual like video but all the research is incomplete
2. Second mistake if you are not creating user generated content. We should research and start incorporating user generated content by finding out what inspires your audience.
3. You should review the performance of the efforts by checking the data. If content is not working well we should focus on other initiatives. And if it is performing well you can find ways to repurpose it